Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Betwixt and Between and another favourite artist...

The blog doesn't show it but I have been claying! I made some ornaments and an item for Clayamies Winterfest chat- every year we have a cyber party in MSN and exchange gifts that we've mailed to each other. Some years the party has included particpants from coast to coast to coast as we say here in Canada. As everything I've made is literally under wraps I can't share here until after the swaps.

I have also been doing a lot of that in-your- head claying. The kind you do at 3:oo am when you wake up and start manipulating polymer clay while you are neither asleep or awake. The key focus in that imaginary studio has been boxes and once I get out of bed I have been using a lot of scrap mud coloured clay to do make n' toss experiements.

There's no production line work any more but a lot of good wheel spinning.....

Yesterday I was Google surfing for a 2008 day planner. I was looking for one with Klimt images and I saw an image on the cover of a book that stopped me in my tracks. I wasn't familiar with him by name but to me he's up there with Klimt and Modigliani - Friedensreich Hundertwasser - what an incredible inspiration! I spent well over an hour exploring his work and I plan to do more today. I love the way he attacked pristeen architectual lines and added magic to urban landscapes. do a google search to see what I mean. I'm concerned about posting pics here for copyright reasons but here's a sample from a poster website- hopefully they'll appreciate the free advertising.

Friedensreich-Hundertwasser- Arche Noah-
Source http://www.allposters.com/

1 comment:

  1. I dare challenge you to think about writing a book about your amazing techniques

    Tirza from Israel
    the Israeli Hutzpah

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!