Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Polymer Clay Leggy Bowl- Twilight Trees




I finished the Twilight Trees Leggy Bowl yesterday... technically I wouldn't call it a "bowl, it's " more of a "vessel". I'm delighted that the legs are so wonderfully splayed and yet they hold the weight of the piece. It's 11" tall.
While the vessel was firing I spent time absorbed in polymer clay bracelet research and development. These ones are similar to my Fusion Bangles that I've been doing for the last few years. I have an idea for something new though. I did a few prototypes but there are still some bugs to be worked out.
Between getting a much needed haircut and walking in a rare snowfall here in Victoria, bracelets will be the focus for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a really cool vessel.
    I look forward to seeing more of your bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leggy bowls always look like they should be taking a walk around the studio, very cool. It's neat what a sense of movement it has just by adding legs.

    I'm a clay bangle fan and your new batch here are luminous. Looking forward to seeing more of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow those bangles are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!