Friday, April 3, 2009

Polymer Clay Daily-ed and making BeachStones


Many thanks to Cynthia Tinapple for featuring my recent posting about revisiting my BeachStone Woman concept in her wonderful Polymer Clay Daily Blog . It's always wonderful to get encouragement like that and it really fired me up to get "rocking". I began making beachstones today and if I follow my preliminary sketches, it's going to take quite a while to have enough stones to start. (was that a pun?- not me!!) I started by gathering inclusions which include these crushed clamshells from an ancient midden that was exposed in the stratified layers of a wave erroded cliff that we came upon on a beach hike. The beach below was ankle deep in this material which is a polymer clay beachstone makers dream! I sift in a mesh strainer to get the smallest pieces possible, and yes, I do run the stuff through my pasta machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!