Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teeeeeeeny Polymer Clay Beach Stones

I'm planning to festoon my new Beach Muse in a long beach stone necklace wound multiple times around her neck. It has to be to scale because I don't want her necklace to look like Wilma Flintstone's. This challenges me to make hundreds of teeeeny little beachstones- each one pierced for stringing into a necklace. One word for this process- ouch! My fingers and hands need a massage ... I'm taking lots of breaks for physical and mental health. It's an ooak piece but this part of the project has that awful on the treadmill repetitive production feel. Here's a picture of some of the teeeeeeny beads after a night in the tumbler, the larger beachstones show the size I ususally make ...


and here's her first strand.

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of your polymer clay beach stones. I will eagerly follow your posts and await the reveal of this ooak creation! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those look very realistic! You are the best faux beach stone creator..hehe. I'm looking forward to more posts about this beachy muse and her beach inspired attire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gera, this is a bit OT, but I saw this write-up on another blog and thought I would pass it on. This artist is inviting other polymer clay artists to participate in a daily calendar project - it would be great exposure...

    http://tejaesart.blogspot.com/2009/04/365-days-of-polymer-clay.html

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making faux stones Gera but I've never attempted such tiny ones! Can't wait to see your finished project. Everything you make is such a delight to see!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!