Monday, July 27, 2009

Polymer Clay on Canvas - "Tea by the Sea'

Tea will be the theme for a while although the weather here in Victoria is much more in keeping with tea of the iced variety. I work with thin layers of polymer clay when composing these clay collages and I need a fan aimed at the work to prevent a soggy meltdown.

This piece is titled "Tea by the Sea" for obvious reasons. It's 5x7x1.25 inches.

I've been asked about my technique with clay on canvas- it's new for me too and I'm making it up as I go along! My best first tip is to smear fimo gel or Kato Sauce all over the canvas then place a bottom sheet of polymer clay on the canvas using any colour combination or surface treatment you choose- there's your base layer- go from there... let me know what you come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gera,

    What a wonderful art piece you have created. I love the tea theme. Your work is fabulous!

    -Karen (Art and Tea)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece so much. You are so gifted with colors. Very unique. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!