Sunday, February 28, 2010

Curling and Polymer Clay

I'll start by saying that as hard as I try, curling completely baffles me. Yesterday we had the fire on, chilled beverages and snacks on hand and the Olympic curling final on the TV. As Canada was in the final, it was mandatory that I watch so, rather than try to decipher the action I decided to multi-task and placed myself under a Whistler sized mountain of Polymer Cafe, Ornament and Vogue magazines. I went on a fabulous trip through hundreds of pages of pure inspiration. I looked up whenever the crowd cheered or became ominously silent and was on the spot to toast gold at the end of the game- or is it match?
My magazine browsing session was fantastic and I have a LOT of new ideas for OOAK pieces, the first one is underway, it will incorporate wool, here are the colours, the clay will be mixed tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!!! I am totally exhausted today, it is a good thing the Olympics are over, not sure I would have made many more days..
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through OWOH--just getting around to say hello. I have to agree with you about Curling--it is so hard to understand the strategy. It was also on one US channel every time I turned it on, day or evening! I kept busy while watching the Olympics, too!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!