Friday, December 31, 2010

Ending the Year


I received a container of Hadar's Copper Clay yesterday and thought it was an appropriate item to post as the year comes to a close. I've ended 2010  with a fascination with metal clays combined with polymer, resin and photographic images. All I need to do is to learn everything I can about metal clays!  Hadar's Clay is especially interesting to me as it can be torch fired and comes as a powder that is mixed with distilled water. Hadar has outstanding YouTube videos that serve to instruct the process. I'm hoping at some point to  take one of her workshops.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Gera that is soooo cool! I have been wanting to try some of the metal clays but the expense of the clays and the kiln has always been a concern. Especially since it would be something I would eventually want to teach to my polymer clay students who are mostly beginners and intermediates.

    Torch fired semi-precious clays solve all those problems since it would be relatively inexpensive to get started with. It will be awhile yet before I can dabble in such a thing but it is incredibly exciting to know that the possibilities will be there.

    I can't wait to see what you do with it! You are an incredible artist and always take your work to the next level.

    Happy New Year to you and your family! Cheers to another creative successful year!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!