Monday, January 3, 2011

First Project of 2011


Enough lazing about watching classic films on TCM and reclining by the fire with the Kindle (The 2011 Book List has started) ....it's time to get to work!
Yesterday we went through process of taking down all the decorations but left the lights up on the magnolia tree outside just in case it snows.
As we usually do at this time of year, we've been busy tidying and "re-designing" the house. I came up with a way to get back in clay mode and address a decorating issue that has been bugging me for a few years now. My tile backsplash in the kitchen  is not complimented by these incredibly tacky looking white switchplates. The plan is to do a run of colour coordinated clay and to cover these things...   when I'm finished I can creep back to the TV...
PS- Here's the new covers-- a bit of an improvement.

1 comment:

I always love to get comments!