Thursday, September 22, 2011

Canyon Road - Santa Fe or How Santa Fe is like Peggy's Cove



It was hard to meander along Santa Fe's  breathtaking Canyon Road with my champagne taste and  beer (or should I say margarita) budget. The narrow road is packed with incredible galleries housed in sensuously aged adobe buildings. I became obsessed with photographing gallery storefronts with mere glimpses of the artwork housed within.

The Jane Saur Gallery has come up repeatedly in my searches for contemporary basketry. It was wonderful to see the gallery and the artwork  in person You can take a virtual visit by beaming yourself to the website. (just click the red link) As an artisan I got the biggest kick out of following an outside path to a patio leading to a back gallery which is a functional work zone where pieces were being unwrapped and there were several huge boxes waiting to be shipped.  One label had" SOFA Chicago" on it.  I could slap that label on my own luggage because I'll be heading there for inspiration in November!


Of course you are wondering what the misty landscape of  Peggy's Cove Nova Scotia can possibly have to do with the  undulating architecture of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Both are a photographer's dream- it's a challenge not to point the camera at random and find a luscious composition in the viewfinder.

While putting this blog entry together Iwss streaming CBC radio and listening to "Earlier"... I emailed the host to say "hi" from Santa Fe and he said hello back on the air-here's the podcast-the music is fun and Ramona is funky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!