Friday, April 20, 2012

Kissing Frogs....the grimm part of the creative process

I spent all day yesterday metaphorically kissing frogs. It was a day full of "just going for it" with several experimental basket/clay creations. I started 2 lamps and one random bowl and  abandoned all before going further. These "frogs" are usually pretty ugly and as they are not going to magically turn into anything "majestical" are set aside as valuable learning experiences. Frogs need to be on a small scale as they can be costly consumers of materials.
Kissing frogs can be discouraging. It's good to have the right attitude. Attractiveness is only skin deep.


"Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day"
Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. I have bowls full of "kissed frogs" (glass bead experiments), and you are correct, they are a big user of supplies, but they do let me know that I am either on the wrong or right track.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!