Tuesday, April 23, 2013

An Outstanding Workshop at the Ranch Arts Centre in Snohomish


I just returned home from a workshop  at  The Ranch Centre for the Arts in  beautiful Snohomish Washington. I can't say enough about how much I learned at Shannon Weber's Kelp Pouches and Vessels class! The small group clicked and conversation was lively and enthusiastic.  Shannon is my favourite kind of instructor- she gives a firm foundation in the basics then encourages experimentation. The studio sink was packed with reams of gorgeous perfectly conditioned Oregonian kelp which has a feel that is similar to deerhide or chamois. It was glorious for stitching and I worked on the three projects shown- the rectangular vessel is not complete and I'll show it in a later post.
Randi and Shannon
Shannon will be teaching a second class at the Ranch in August- Adventures with the Woven Vessel- When Fibre Meets Wax. I've never ventured into encaustic and I'm looking forward to another trip to Snohomish. I highly recommend the Ranch. Randi has an astonishing selection of offerings scheduled!

I returned home to see a lot of unexpected activity in Flickr, Facebook and on my blog and was absolutely over the moon to discover that my Fishy FuSions were featured in Polymer Clay Daily! What a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!