Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Encaustic and Woven Vessels- A Workshop with Shannon Weber

 I am home from a visit to Randi Haper's  Ranch Arts Centre in Snohomish Washington where I took Shannon Weber's three day Adventures in the Woven Vessel- When Fibre Meets Wax Workshop. It was without a doubt the best class I've ever taken and I am so excited to get my studio installed with a hot wax table. The process was so "open" to almost every material imaginable and hauled out my big box of rusty stuff, beach finds, sticks and stones and polymer beach stones and got to work. The women around the table were inspiring company and everyone brought different influences to the table from pottery to quilting and fabric collage to calligraphy, basket weaving and polymer clay.

We feasted on some of the delicious creations from some of Snohomish's very good restaurants and Shannon shared several tubs of Ice Cream from Oregon's famed Salt and Straw Ice Creamery.

It was a fabulous mixture of playing and learning and I loved every second of it!

Thanks Shannon and Randi!



Day One- Shannon explains the fundamentals
A random weaving demo
drying the first layered forms in the sun

The hot wax station
It was as much as it looks!

Sharon Benton
Melanie Ferguson & Kathie Vezzani

Shannon and Gwen Maxwell Williams





Randi Harper

Melanie Ferguson's indicate carvings in the wax


 The Gallery!
Sharon Belton
Kathie Vezzani
Dena Ramm
Karen Samdahl
Gwen Maxwell-Williams
Melanie Ferguson
Gera Scott Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!